Yesterday Trinh managed to get up a few stairs on her own...in an attempt to reach some sunscreen. We were right there, so no calamity...just a reminder how much more relaxed we are with this, our third, child. Time to pull out those gates! Funny coincidence is F posting at the same time about M's adventures and stairs. Consider myself warned.
Trinh also managed to pull a sharp knife out of the diswasher this week. She has been standing at the open door for a while now...and I have been putting the sharp stuff at the back of the rack. So no more of that!
The boys are in swimming lessons this week at an awesome new outdoor pool. They have also both started skateboarding lessons. Isaac wanted to do this and received a skateboard last year so it was time for some proper safety instruction. Since Nathaniel was old enough to also participate it seemed more fair than making him just watch. So, although I can not say I would have imagined it...both boys are boarding! The first lesson Nathaniel pretty much just skidded down all the ramps on his knees with his arms out, learning how to fall. Again...I have photos, just no time to sort through them (copious).
In other news I have been looking for a nanny for my contract (now confirmed) for this fall. What an exercise! I figure I should write a piece on this experience. If I find the time. Long and short I have someone in the final selection stage (need to check references, see her criminal record check, get her SIN etc). She has her ECE, ran a home daycare for years, drives her own car, doesn't smoke, has no kids (but is married), her husband works nights (good since we need someone to 11pm), speaks English as her first language, loves lego, laughs a lot, seems cooperative, flexible and fun, and lives within a few km of us, plus, is only slightly more costly then the (easily available) 'cash only' nannies in our area. I know...seems too good to be true...so trying not to expect something will come up or it will fall through.
Off of Saturday for a week vacation with Arn and kids. Headed north to Manitoulin island for some fishing, then Sudbury for Science North etc, back through Parry Sound where Arn's family has some property and home for the following week.
Already August barking at the door! It seems like it has been a long and short summer all at the same time. Since I have been in nice weather since April I feel like I have had a really nice break!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment