When we received N's referral I had a t-shirt made up for I (then 3) with the referral photo and the caption 'Big Brother'. I should start looking for a couple blank t-shirts to do the same ... when the time comes.
I. has already told me he wants to go to 'Build a Bear' and make a bear for his sister, as soon as she 'IS'. How cute is that?
How will you celebrate?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's a good question. Very cute that I. wants to build a bear. I guess our second adoption is still far that it doesn't feel concrete yet. Once we get a referral, we'll go at the Works (local restaurant where we go to celebrate adoption milestones). I also want to do something with M. to make this more concrete to him.
ReplyDeleteYes, when we started this process this time it was 50/50 (I was sure and my husband wanted me to be happy) if we'd go through with it... we knew we had to get on the list so we'd at least be in a postition to make it happen if we wanted to. We called it our $300 insurance policy. Now it is feeling pretty real...in fact, I had my first referral dream last night! Sadly, I don't remember any of the details.
ReplyDelete