As we W.A.I.T. it seems a good time to focus efforts on establishing friendships with others who may travel to Vietnam with us and/or receive children who may be around the same age as our expected addition. Given there will be a larger age gap and she will be a girl (we have 2 boys, JK and G2) there is definitely the desire to expand our circle a bit.
At this point I know only one family waiting to travel from the Toronto area, a friend I have known for, I think actually a couple of years, thanks to the 'Waiting Mom Dinners' every other month in Toronto. I know a hand-ful who have travelled in the past year. Perhaps one of the bonuses of being in this anticipated larger batch of referrals this last quarter of the year will be more adoptive connections.
So if you are reading me from the Toronto area and we haven't met, introduce yourself! If you aren't from the Toronto area, but are in this batch of people hoping for a referral before the New Year, or already waiting to travel, I'd love to hear from you too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Sharon,
ReplyDeleteI am also waiting for a referral. My name is Lorraine and I live in Vancouver. I have a 6 yr old daughter that came from China in 2004 when she was 2.5 yrs old. I waited a 1.5 years for my referral then and now into another 2.5 yr wait. Hopefully we will both hear some good news soon!
Hi Lorraine,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your message! Yes, hopefully there will be a bunch of good news coming in October. I hope we can keep in touch!