Sunday, September 19, 2010

Never-ending to-do list

After being away most of the summer, still recovering from a renovation, as well as the backlog of things that didn't get done while I was working...we seem to have quite a substantial to do list around our house.  Last week ended the second week of school, so I've had a bit of time to contemplate these items as well as determine how much time I may have to accomplish them.  Life with 2 boys who go to different schools at different times is quite hectic!  Effectively I have just about exactly 2 hours each afternoon that I am on my own.

So last week I made a daily list mapping out the steps toward accomplishing a few of the tasks.  I crossed off lots of things...but at the end of the week the list was really no shorter...Isn't the to do list supposed to decrease as you accomplish things? Guess I need to stop adding things!


Hopefully I'm almost at the point where I've identified all the jobs.  It looks like I could easily keep myself busy until Christmas...that's good. I'm sure I'd get more done faster if I could better limit my nearly obsessive email/blog/facebook monitoring. This week...

Then, in the back of my mind, the thought of how important it is to get all these things done now, remaining positive that within the next few months my attentions will be wonderfully diverted.

2 comments:

  1. Good to read that I'm not the only one like this. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, trying to be disciplined and get the outside jobs done first, before the cold weather, but really have a ton to do inside too. One step at a time!

    ReplyDelete