Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas preparations

We've had a nice relaxing week this week with kids off school and home.  I had the added bonus that Isaac was home with a cough 2.5 days last week so I've had a good fix with both my kids.  I asked what they wanted to do over their holidays, and aside from the given activities (church, family and friend events around Christmas, hockey) the only other things they wanted to do were go swimming and get movies to watch on our new TV.  Yes, there is actually a TV...and some reclaimed furniture...and even a bit of new furniture in our beloved, now practically finished with the exception of the stairs, basement.  Finally!

So we did go swimming which was a nice break from the usual.  Although I`m not sure why every pool schedules `fun time` either at lunch or in the evening

We`ve been getting things more organized now that the basement is coming together.  I still have a pile to do, but at the same time I reflect on how the majority of what I am organizing has been unorganized through 2 previous kids.

We did some baking today.  The boys lose interest pretty fast.  They mostly like the stirring, rolling, cutting and a bit of decorating.  You have to have a plan and keep things moving.  I was pretty well organized, I thought...but their interest petered out well before the planned baking list did.

Was doing the last little bit of grocery shopping after supper and suddenly felt the need to have something for wee Thu under the tree...so decided on a hairbrush with some accessories.  Anyone who has seen her knows she has an impressive head of hair!  I`m thinking those little soft baby brushes just might not do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment