We received the typical medical this afternoon. Honestly, aside from it being a necessary step, it is irrelevant to us. We have already accepted her unconditionally. We were at our pediatrician's office last week to discuss Nathaniel's hive situation...so I was able to give the Dr. the heads up on the medical and he kindly offered to review it if I drop it by...so that will get done Monday. I'm thankful it is no closer to Christmas...I think it is reasonable to think he will complete the review without delay.
No word on when we might recieve the 'second letter'...however the medical leads me to conclude there is a known birth mother, so hopefully only the 30 days of searches are required...which to me means that stage should be complete...and the 2nd letter could be issued any time. Fingers crossed...
And as for size...she was 7.9 pounds at birth and is 10.8 pounds now (almost 2 months old). She is 54cm,
makes good eye contact, follows objects to all directions, responds to sounds, smiles, coo’s, turns head from side to side prone, lifts head and chest prone, and for fine motor it indicates she put her hand in her mouth...how cute! Anyone who wants to comment on how big or small that is for an Asian baby...I'd love to know...I'm too in love to even worry about looking it up myself!
Also no word on whether (or not) travel before Tet is still a possibility. I'm assuming that depends on the unknown of when the second letter is issued, and other unknown timings following that step. I'm not completely sure at what point the window of opportunity for travel before Tet closes, but I'm sure we are nearing that point. The last official word was that we would most likely travel before March...which would still put wee Thu under 5 months...which is more than we could ask for, really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I looked up the weight on the VN charts. Biggish. What we might call 50-75th so a nice size.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you and for your whole family!
ReplyDelete