Saturday, December 18, 2010

weekly update

Well, I figure I owe you guys at least a weekly update...since you keep stopping by...

We've had no news from our Agency.  We did get positive feedback from our pediatrician, and have checked in with our social worker, who has given me his cell number and assurances that whenever we receive our child's dossier he will be available to review it and sign the paperwork.  So feeling good about that.  Was a bit afraid that IF the dossier arrives and he was away for an extended holiday it could mess up any chance we have a travelling before Tet.

As a little aside...one unexpected thing with the medical was a different surname on her medical.  So this week we redid the paperwork with the correct full name.  Hopefully that discrepency won't come back to haunt us as the powers that be are reviewing docs.

We are enjoying Christmas preparations and activities, which makes the waiting fade a bit.  I had thought it would be so hard to enjoy Christmas knowing our wee one is not here with us, and it is, but it is easy to be thankful at the same time given the situation we have been though and the situations of many other families who are waiting, and others who are grieving.

I still have not tracked down any others who will travel to VT1 ahead of us, although there is one possibility of a family from Quebec (MJ) ...  so we may be able to get some new photos early in the New Year.   My intuitions around this whole adoption thing have been pretty good so far...so I am trying to discern when I feel we will actually be united with our wee one...but no clear feeling has materialized.  A couple days ago I was feeling certain it would be in January...but now...I'm back in uncertain mode.

At any rate, I really need to sort out the nursery...it's an embarrasing mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment