Well...I have N.O.T.H.I.N.G. to report on the adoption front...
However...on the home renovation front it looks like we are full steam ahead! Just when I thought we might be back to the drawing board on finding a contractor...the one A personally selected came through with a much reduced quote...one that is not only within my acceptable price range, but also within my acceptable timeframe. If only adoption were so easy!
So...after 10 years of wishing the wall between my kitchen and family room didn't exist...it shall be so! By the end of next week I shall be down one wall and up one big main floor closet...big enough for my ironing board, clothes steamer, mop and broom, umbrellas, coats, mitts, vaccuum hose, accessories and possibly even the stray pieces of hockey gear that can't quite find their way to the basement.
A few weeks after that I will have a finished basement office, family room and play room/craft area...ready to be carpeted, painted, furnished and organized. There will be a basement bathroom roughed in and ready for the do-it-yourselfer (me) to finish if and when I chose. We're springing for the electrician to do the bathroom electrical now...one permit...so the lights, fan and outlet will be good to go. They are also delivering the extra drywall to 'finish' the furnace/storage room...the do-it-yourselfer is looking forward to attempting the art of drywall in this inconspicuous location. The electrician will have already installed more outlets in there too. HMMM...maybe I should have asked for another light in there. Oh boy...already thinking up more extras!
This couldn't have happened at a better time. I REALLY need a positive diversion. And getting this out of the way while I am working and the kids both in school/daycare makes ultimate sense. Yippee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment