Monday, January 11, 2010

In between now and then...

One day in the next few months my world will change and I will enter the real stage of waiting...I am not looking forward to the wait between referral and travel!  We are told to expect between a very optimistic 3 month wait, a realistic 5 month wait and a possible 9 month wait after we have our proposal.  Yes, while our daughter is on the other side of the world...

It's not that I don't have things to do between now and then...first item on the list...complete the contract I am working in order to re-build the adoption fund (and hopefully secure parental leave).  Funnest item on the list...renovate our basement, kitchen and family room.  Seriously...we've only waited 10+ years and had one false start...I figure planning to do this in the months before travel should make good use of those sleepless nights.  I'm not talking paint and curtains here - I'm talking wall removal, exterior door and window modifications, additional closets, complete kitchen re-organization including plumbing, possible removal of a fireplace, complete from the concrete walls and floor finishing of a kid-zone basement and office...do you get the idea?  Only hold-up is deciding on a suitable contractor...

No comments:

Post a Comment