So last night we took down N's crib (that had been converted to a toddler bed) and moved our spare room double bed into his room. It happened so fast that I hardly had time to appreciate the significance of the move. My baby is a big boy!
The reason this happened all of a sudden is the impending renovation. We have a lot of stuff to move out of the way so the contractor and his crew can do their thing. We've been hemming and hawing over what to do about our bedroom situation anyhow. We have 4 bedrooms, and hopefully soon 3 children...so if we want to maintain a guest/sick/I need to sleep alone room then we need to put the boys in a room together. So once all the reno dust has settled we will probably be shopping for bunk beds for the old spare room (it has the biggest closet), turning I's room back into a nursery (crib plus single bed) and N's room back into the guest room (the guest room used to be an office...). So for now the old office/guest bedroom is going to be storage central where we can hopefully fit all the stuff that needs to be re-located. Hopefully some healthy purging can happen along the way too! Confused? Me too!
So that was last night and tonight I need to clear out the kitchen, family room and laundry room because tomorrow they plan to take the wall down and maybe start construction on the closet. If I have enough time (unlikely) I would like to get the toys out of the basement so they have a place to leave any materials they need to. Oh...and did I mention we are going to have a BIG dumpster in our driveway?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment