So...I emailed our agency, and the long and the short of it is...no news. I was really hoping there were going to be some referrals this week. I really thought there were some pending referrals from December, since the referral total for the last quarter was 'only' five. The quarter before that was closer to 15 (although that was the highest quarter for the year). Argh!
On the up side, it does seem that there are some referrals 'in the works' but all the requirements to make the proposals aren't in place. I'm hoping to attend a fundraiser for our agency in 3 weeks. I think I will have a good chance of getting a realistic update then. I need one! Not only for my sanity but because I need to decide whether to commit to another work contract in August that goes until December.
On the down side, it appears the gears are slowing even more as the processing time between referral and travel continues to increase. An agency in BC had a group of parents in Vietnam who, after spending time with their future children, were sent back to Canada without their children! Everyone has to believe they will be invited back...but in the meantime everything in grinding down. Suffice it to say that no one will be traveling anytime soon before ALL the requirements are COMPLETELY processed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment