I fell into bed exhausted from the weekend hockey tournament, so actually missed the 10:40pm arrival of our child's documents last night! Of course, checking email is one of the first things I do each morning...such a wonderful surprise!
So I spent a good part of the day reading, digesting, dissecting and hypothesizing about what it all meant and how quickly the rest of the process could go. The other part of the day was spent trying to connect with our social worker...who still hasn't responded to my email or phone message. Argh.
And I had a few questions for our Agency as well...like if the second letter has been issued...but I haven't heard back. I'm guessing they don't know...but I'm hoping it has.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Sharon,
ReplyDeleteSo what kind of documents have you just received? I'm totally confused on this entire process, so where have these documents come from and what is the second letter you are expecting?
Lorraine
The child documents (or 'dossier') include whatever information there is on the child's birth, how they came to be in the centre and any other documents. We received some things this time we did not receive the first time we adopted from Vietnam, including the requests and text for the radio and TV searches...which includes dates and really helps to clarify what has been going on there in terms of the timeline. The officials at VT1 really do seem to be on the ball...without exception each step was done at the earliest delay.
ReplyDeleteThe second letter comes from the department of adoptions and from what I understand is the stage where they accept the child dossier, request the final search to ensure everything has been done properly (no incentives received by anyone etc). There is one more big step after the second letter and once that is competed the agency can determine travel is about 2 weeks away.
There was an article in a past newsletter outlining these steps.
Thanks for that! I did read the newsletter (thought it was great) but guess I didn't retain it (along with most things these days) so will reread and take down the details. Great things are moving along for you.
ReplyDeleteLorraine