Thursday, January 13, 2011

Update

I had an email 'conversation' with D this morning (3 back and forth from her within 45 min), which is a pretty uncommon thing, and received news I had been expecting, but had been hoping might be different.  No travel plans for us before Tet unless we want to go without any firm ideas of timing.  The second letter has not been sent.  The child dossier has not been received.

She cushioned this 'bad' news with her guess that we would travel in February.  I can see how easily parents who believe she is all knowing get sucked into believing these 'best cases' are fact.  Fortunately (?) for me I have seen and heard so many timelines I am (I think) a little better prepared to weather these 'setbacks', as well as to be realistic in my expectations.

So the earliest date would be Feb 11/12 departure...basically four weeks.  That would be perfect...

This would put wee Thu only slightly older than Nathaniel at receiving.  That would be fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, experience does prepare us to the constantly changing timelines but deep inside it's hard to not hope. Knocking on wood that you'll travel by mid February.

    ReplyDelete