Social worker meeting...check!
Travel Clinic...check!
Although, aside from it being on the checklist, I'm not sure how important that step really was. A quick refresher to eat fresh, hot food. Peeled fruits. Bottled water. No ice in drinks. Recommendation to avoid all shellfish.
I did get a shot for typhoid which is different but recommended since I hope to visit the orphanages and interact with the older children
My Twinrix is still current (Hepitis A&B)
Dukoral (cholera and travellers' diarrhea vaccine) - booster
My other standard vaccines are all up to date
Also received a prescription antibiotic as well as jet-lag (sleeping) pill
Was recommended to buy a spray ($18)that provides 6 weeks or 6 washings of bug protection for an 'outfit', and also some high deet content bug spray. I don't remember seeing any bugs when we were in Vietnam before...so I will probably just carry these and use if needed.
Also got some 40SPF kiddie sunscreen, as much for me as for Thu. She will be under wraps in the sling most of the time anyhow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are you traveling alone? Or is the whole family going? I am really looking forward to reading along so kind of selfishly hope you have some help while traveling so you do lots and lots of updating...
ReplyDeletegetting uber excited just yet???
Current plan is to travel solo. The friend I hoped to travel with started a f/t job this week. Getting cautiously excited. It's strangely bittersweet as the reality of leaving the boys behind sinks in. I want to go (obviously) but don't at the same time...if that makes sense.
ReplyDelete