News has come across Yahoo this morning of a 1 year old girl from VT1 having been referred to a family from Quebec. No, we haven't heard anything...our homestudy is only for up to 12 months. But...
Yesterday I received assurances that our turn IS coming...
And I believe it is...
So the battle to remain positive and be encouraged as those around me receive referrals and travel dates is looking more manageable again today...and so the rollercoaster heads back up into the clear sky where I know I see a rainbow appearing...
And behind the rainbow...that feeling...she IS there...and we are not...oh...the flavours of waiting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so hopeful that those reassurances are true for you!! I think my rollercoaster is on a downwards slope at the moment. no responses to my emails from the person i really want to hear from, so i'm taking that as a not-so-hopeful sign. has there been any movement on the ontario list that you know of since her trip to vietnam? keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
ReplyDeleteJ
I don't have specifics but I think there have been a couple of boy referrals. The 'top 25' have been assigned to specific orphanages so I think those logged families are now being given thier position in the wait for that orphanage. The exception being special needs. Any family with a special need cleared on thier homestudy can still receive a referral from any orphanage...and I understand there are a number of young HIV+ babies waiting...
ReplyDeleteI'm coming to dinner Friday and I want to see pictures please....so I'll cross my fingers that this is THE week.
ReplyDeleteargh. we're top 25 and haven't heard a thing!! we've asked twice about where we're logged but no response. hopefully they are just making their way through the contact list and we'll hear something soon.
ReplyDeletemaybe you'll get a special Halloween "treat" tomorrow!! wouldn't that be awesome?! WIll be sending lots of good vibes your way!!
J
Wishing you good news quickly!
ReplyDeleteSandra