I had thought to give Dorinda some time to catch her breath. Since her return home she has been caring for the 20 month old that is being assessed here before being placed with a family. She has had some medical issues. Plus jet lag. Plus Thanksgiving. Plus regular family life. Plus contributing to the newsletter...
However, my jury duty was cut short by an ajournment. Now I want to get on with this adoption thing!
So I sent an email with a few questions and a request to have a phone conversation. We settled on a time for this afternoon, so I spent some time last evening trying to frame my questions in the best order and light, covering all I want to know, allowing room for her to insert comments, but not seeming too demanding or crazed.
Funny thing is...I very, very rarely speak to Dorinda on the phone. It's always email or in person. Except of course...when receiving a referral!
Anyhow...we did chat for about 20 minutes. There were no real revelations, but somehow Dorinda has a way of normalizing what has happened, is happening and is going to happen. The bottom line is she fully expects we will have a proposal 'soon' and that we will travel either, possibly, before Tet (Jan 24) or after Tet (Feb 15).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good thing you had a conversation with D. Something positive came out of it.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy there was some news and the news is very positive but at the same time I am so not a fan of the word "soon". I just hope your soon is sooner than some of the soons I've lived through.
ReplyDeleteglad you got ahold of her. i've been wanting to do the same but am not sure i am ready to hear what she has to say! that's great news for you though - i hope that you get to talk to her in person again very soon - and this time for a much more important phone call!!
ReplyDeleteJanice