Tuesday, October 12, 2010

out of our hands

Another new low to the adoption rollercoaster...after so much anticipation and build-up, after every assurance short of a straight out promise that we would have a referral 'no later than the beginning of October'...there is no referral.

At this point we are coming to terms with the obvious fact that this is way out of our hands.  One moment I worry that our documents are going to start expiring again...the next I think if it is meant to happen we will be able to obtain whatever updates are required at the time they are needed.  I've spent too long second guessing, trying to guage, manage, understand...I'm giving up without giving up hope.  We are now at a whole new level of waiting...where we are no longer waiting for something we expect to happen...but hoping for a wonderful surprise.

But no referral for us doesn't mean no referrals at all...over the YEARS Dorinda has learned a lot about me and I think she is still searching for our 'ideal' match...where we, quite honestly, have broadened our expectations a lot.  I have told her...but I have a feeling she is waiting...

8 comments:

  1. Waiting is hard...surprises are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that... Waiting for a wonderful surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that post pretty much takes care of any last teeny ray of hope i was holding on to! i'm guessing this means another long wait:o( sorry for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops - sorry, that last comment was me -forgot to sign!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep in mind we technically we are waiting for a non special needs girl under 12 months (although as I mentioned all but the girl requirement have been relaxed)...if you are open to special needs, an 'older' child and/or a boy...you may have a surprise sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks - we knew it would be a long shot to get in before the slow down hits anyway - our homestudy says 10 months at time of placement so we are limited too that way. any word on how the trip went overall?

    ReplyDelete
  7. She visited orphanages in the South focusing on some special need children. There will be more detail on Friday in the newsletter...but no detail on how many referrals may result from the trip :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there Sharon. It WILL happen.

    ReplyDelete