Monday, November 15, 2010

1 month old!

Today our wee one is one month old.  Incredible really.  We never imagined getting a referral this young.  I think 5 weeks was about the previous youngest, but word is coming now of others receiving referral news almost as soon as babies arrive in the orphanages.  And news too of people travelling.  It looks like the final push to finish what can be finished under the current system is underway.  I am hoping for news for some of my non-blogging friends who wait. 

We have neither received nor requested an update since we received our referral...only 10 days ago...but it seems like forever.  I know the next milestones will be the Canadian required medical - which is usually after 6 weeks of age at the earliest, and the search(es) which have to be completed before the formal proposal goes to the DIA (must be before the end of 2010).  Depending on the circumstances (abandonment or relinquishment) this could take 1 or 2 months.  So given these factors...it seems a bit early to ask for an update.

However, we were told that our “First letter” has been issued and that the orphanage should be preparing the child dossier (birth certificate, minutes of abandonment or parental consent, official placement of the child in the orphanage, proof of the notice of search) and are remaining positive, our sights set on a mid-January departure until such time as we are told that is an impossibility.

Maybe that is why I'm not begging for an update?  It does seem unrealistic...

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing news of referrals as well! And January travel news foryou of course...soon your care package will arrive in VT and maybe, if you are lucky, new photos will arrive by eamil. I'll cross my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete