Monday, November 8, 2010

care package

I have packed and sent the care package that will travel with F. to Vung Tau 1 later this month.  In it there is:

one long sleeve front closing shirt
(I'm a little worried about the bright pink...I think they prefer lighter colours that they can sterilize...but hopefully they will just use it and if it gets bleached out oh well)
one short sleeve front closing shirt
2 pairs of elastic waist pants
(the light pink pair have a ruffle on the bum and the beige ones are the ones we brought for Nathaniel to change in to when we got to take him from the orphanage)
2 pair of socks
1 tube of Barriere cream which is a multi purpose baby friendly cream
(good for general purpose as well as diaper cream...and I'm hoping maybe the nannies enjoy it as well as it provides a nice smooth moisture...and maybe our baby will get used to this cream and smell as something we can transition with her.)
1 set of links to attach toys to the crib, or dangle toys from the string they have across the younger babies cribs
1 rattle that spins and has teething parts
1 soft rattle with fuzzy bits to feel and chew (something both boys had, but never took to)
1 link-toy that has crinkly part, squeaky part
1 fold-out mirror 'toy' with shapes in black and white on one side and bright pictures on the opposite side that can be fastened to the crib or propped up/held
(this was actually Isaac's when he was a baby, but Nathaniel was too old for it)

I realize all of this stuff may just go into the general mix of toys and supplies and I am fine with that.  It just felt nice to send something ahead.

And yes, it all fit in one zip-lock freezer bag!


1 comment: