Wednesday, November 24, 2010

first update

Called yesterday to check in, I hadn't actually talked to anyone since even before our referral.  There isn't any update or news in a specific sense.  However I was surprised to be told that Dorinda was leaving last night for 2 weeks in Vietnam, as I thought she was leaving next week. So I won't be talking to her before her departure.


I did learn that there are three families waiting for medicals, 1 of whom has been waiting for 6 weeks, and that it is common now for several babies from one agency and orphanage to have the medicals at the same time due to scheduling restraints at the medical clinic. So maybe the medical will be done soon. But honestly, it doesn't matter to me this time. She is ours and is coming home irregardless. The medical is just one more step in the process and in that sense the sooner it happens the better.

The opinion is that travel before Tet is still realistic, particularly if Thu was relinquished with known birth family.  Dorinda should at the very least be able to establish that fact.  It was reiterated how Trang Dai is very efficient with the processes.  We will likely receive the child dossier at the same time as the news that the intial search(es) have been completed.  I am hoping this happens early in December, perhaps even when Dorinda is there.   Optimistic, I know...but I need to be.

So...the next few weeks will likely indicate whether a January departure is a realistic possibility. And if it isn't what additional paperwork we will be required to do.  So...standing by...

...alternating panic, anxiety, fear, joy, excitement...

..attempting to prepare for Christmas, a new arrival and for life as a family of 5!!

1 comment: