Nathaniel is asking lots of baby questions...can my baby have popcorn?...why not?...a few days ago. Then today, matter-of-factly, 'my baby sister can't have popcorn because she has no teeth'. Well, I guess that IS part of it.
Then later today, Isaac asked if we would go back to family camp next summer. I said I was a bit worried about being there with a baby (this summer Nathaniel demanded to be carried most places). Indignantly Nathaniel announced...IIII don't need to be carried...IIII can walk!!
So it's looking good that both boys will be accepting of the changes.
In other news I am still making progress with purging the house. I have adopted a strategy...
If noone wants or needs it and it is in good condition but I`m not quite ready to give it away I am listing it on kijiji and boxing it up. This stuff is NOT moving back into our house. Either it sells or it gets donated to our church garage sale in the spring. (I`m having fun with kijiji).
Stuff that is in good condition and I`m okay giving it away I`m taking to Value Village (nearby to our house). I`ve already given away all the baby boy clothes and toys to our neighbour...but her 2 year old is now bigger than Nathaniel, so I have kijiji`d some clothes and Value Villaged some others.
And garbage...well obviously...that goes in the garbage!
I`m almost through the scrapbooking-craft closet (unfortunately most of it is on the floor in piles) and the next big thing with be the 3 bookcases. Both this closet and the bookshelves are in the soon to be nursery.
One minute I am engrossed on this nesting and the next I panic that I should not be worrying about this small stuff and get on with the big stuff (like figuring out how our main floor is going to be arranged post reno and getting the required furniture and hanging our pictures and decorations back up and getting curtains and replacing the sliding doors and deciding if we want hardwood or carpet in the living-dining room...furnishing the new basement play area and TV zone...painting and decorating the nursery...redoing Isaac`s room from the baby Pooh theme...painting our bedroom because I hate it now and we need new bedding and windows and drapes...) and then there is Christmas to think about too...
So anyhow...I figure it is safer to stick with the jobs that don`t cost me anything...perhaps I`ll just accept that the couch and futon we have had forever (really) are just going to have to do and rehang the pictures. And the worn out carpet is at least soft for little crawling knees...hardwood can wait. Rumour has it Santa is going to bring us a TV for the basement (our family gift to each other)...perhaps if the deals are good he can fit a sofa in his sleigh for down there too. Painting I can do ... but really, the rooms need to be empty first. And so I purge...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Purging clears the mind. I'm getting close to doing that too. You have a good strategy. I love N.'s answer to why his baby sister can't have popcorn. Isn't that obvious???
ReplyDelete