Today was a mixed bag...F has arrived in Vung Tau but was unable to go to the orphanage immediately. I think it may have been best she had a night's sleep first anyhow. She mentioned being told some of the children there are ill (colds and the like I think)...so that was disconcerting. I am really hoping she has a chance to check in our wee one, and hopefully take some pictures.
I had a meeting to discuss a possible work contract that would run Aug-Dec 2011 and Aug-Dec 2012. So wee Thu will be only 10 months at the start of the first 5 month stint. As irrational and impossible as it seems to even contemplate such a thing... if I want to stay home with her until schoolage doing these two 5 month contracts will help significantly with the financial aspects of that decision. So I have more or less decided, as much as I can without having met this wee person, to do it. I'm certain a nanny will have to be involved.
Then, between the meeting and picking my car up from the shop, I stopped in a Yorkdale. I have been pondering whether to attempt nursing this child, and if so, to what extent. Well, wandering by Thyme maternity I spur of the moment thought I should take the opportunity with no kids present to check out the current offerings for nursing tops. I haven't yet dug out whatever I have saved...but I'm pretty sure whatever I have is pretty worn looking. So, to make a long story short, I am now the proud owner of 2 short sleeved nursing tops, appropriate for Vietnam and two nursing bras. So...I guess I am trying to some extent. And since I already have all the other equipment (double pump, single pump, battery packs, supplemental feeder etc etc) which was a big layout of $ for the last time, I figured $100 in clothing was justified. So now to figure out how gung ho I want to get about actually bringing in some milk...
So all in all a pretty emotionally exhausting day...but I got to end it with movie night at Nathaniel's school and being surrounded with other families and lots of kids put it all back in perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment