Thursday, March 10, 2011

1 step forward

I have received confirmation that our child's dossier has been sent from DOJ of Vung Tau to DA in Hanoi and should be there now (end of day Thursday, there).  Last week it had been suggested that it might have arrived on Monday (3 days ago) ... nevertheless staff there 'feel certain' it is possible to obtain  the approval of DA by Monday or Tuesday.   Tuesday being the day our Ministry Approval expires. 


So that puts us squarely on step 6 of 10:

6. Child dossier and report sent to DIA

7. Verification by DIA
8. Parent dossier sent to province
9. DOJ prepares Decision on Adoption
10. People’s Committee signs Decision

Under normal circumstances once the dossier leaves the DIA, the rest of the procedure is at last fairly predictable. From the time the parent dossier is sent (Step 8), you can estimate departure in 1-2 weeks.   There may be a slightly longer wait here for us (of course) due to Agency staff and Vietnamese officials travelling to Canada on a delegate visit.

('DA' and 'DIA' seem to be used unterchangeably and I haven't been able to distinguish a difference in terminollogy and mean either Department/Director of -International- Adoptions)

I have been told to 'tentatively plan' my trip for the week of April 4-8.  Based on previous correspondence I take this to mean G&R the week of April 4-8, so travel still possible as early as April 1.  Personnally undecided if given a choice if I would rather leave on a weekend or weekday - what would be easier for leaving the boys.

So...possible 3 weeks until travel!  And next week is March break, then delegates here and Gala week.  A hockey tournament, Timbits at the Marlies intermission performance and a few other events in there...should arrive in no time and I would feel very happy and relaxed IF:
-we had the last signature in Vietnam required to know we don't need a new homestudy and IF
-we had received confirmation of extension of our citizenship application.

Another week should, hopefully, take care of those things.

1 comment:

  1. on the edge of my seat...hoping signatures happened as they were supposed to.

    ReplyDelete