Tuesday, March 29, 2011

final countdown...

Today I will revisit the bags that have been packed since January.  I'm flying Air Canada so can take 2 bags, instead of the 1 Cathay Pacific now allows.

The forms should get to Arn this morning for him to take to the Embassy, both are in Ottawa.

My visa and airline tickets are scheduled to arrive today too!

I am regretting not having everything ready as I would LOVE to take the boys somewhere special today...and I might be able to swing it but I'm not sure my nerves can handle it.  But last night we did go to one of their fav restaurants, Montana's, and had a bit of a chat about my leaving and absense.  It is a tough balance between giving them the information that will help them and freaking them out.  My flight is 8am Thursday morning...so early trip to the airport.  They want to come and I have been wavering...it might be so much 'easier' to go in a cab.  But I don't want to disempower them.  So I had to explain that there might be tears at the airport...and that is because we love each other and will miss each other.  I am fully expecting to be the worst one...and I'm not sure what to do...I'm crying just typing this.

So a bottle of nerves, excitement, anxiety, happiness, sadness...

At least last night I slept.  That should help.

9:25am - Isaac on bus, garbage out, garage tidied almost enough to park car in there allowing room for my parent's car on the driveway, PACKAGE ARRIVES IN OTTAWA to go to Embassy for stamp, and time for a bowl of hot oatmeal comfort

1:00pm - Nathaniel at JK for the afternoon.  As we were leaving I found MY VISA, PASSPORT and TICKETS in my mailbox!

2:00pm - boiling bottles

3:30pm - 3 original, notarized, translated Power of Attorney forms successfully legalized at the Vietnamese Embassy in Ottawa at a cost of $75.  LAST PIECE OF PAPERWORK COMPLETE!!

5:30pm -  Everyone got home starving so we had an early salmon supper.  My sister popped in with a few things for baby Trinh.  Now dealing with squirrely kids who need some attention...heading to Walmart to get them new placemats, pick up some photos to take with me and get icecream from McDonalds.

8:45pm - both boys are asleep and I feel okay!  I've been counting down in my mind the last few days the number of story times we had left together before my departure and it had been getting harder and harder...but tonight so much to do I feel almost engergized.

11:00 - Arn is still in Ottawa since he has come down with spontaneous pnemonia - I say spontaneous because he was fine when he left Monday morning.  Odd.   Hope he got the same wonder antibiotics C did.  My parents are on standby to come early if need be.

12:10 - After an hour of newslettering I feel I can fall asleep.  Here's hoping for a good night's rest.

4 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes reading my post. However, I'm all for showing feelings to my son and to include him as much as I can in the process. When I was young, my family lived something and I was kept out of it (to protect me). I still wish they haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, have a wonderful trip,....yes all those feelings and more!!....I will relive my trip to Matteo through your trip to your daughter!! Wishing you only the best of all that Vietnam will give you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. I'll keep coming every hour to see your progres...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting to know everything came together! 2 more sleeps!

    ReplyDelete