Yesterday was one of those exciting but glad when it was over days. I was, naturally, very happy to see Loan, the TDH rep from Vietnam and welcome her to Canada. And very excited to see the Director of the orphanage (who I have met before and had some brief email contact with) where Nathaniel is from, and where baby Thu is now. Imagine, this woman has seen, probably held, my daughter! She knows things about her I may never know. Both she and Loan were lovely. Hugs and kisses...the whole 9 yards. The two gentlemen were reserved. They spoke a few words of French, but no English. None of them came off the plane dressed for snowy Canada...so it was a good thing it was reasonably nice last evening. I warned them what to expect today (5 cm of the white stuff)...
Sadly, no mention of baby Thu (not that I was expecting that). However, I did tell Loan I was booked to meet them in Vancouver and travel with them, which she told Trang Dai in Vietnamese (but I heard 'Vancouver' - so I am pretty sure that is what she said).
We got them to their rooms, dropped off the 24 of Canadian and the 2 fruit/nut/snack baskets I had prepared including some maps and tourist info, and also a small case of water. Before I left I wrote down my phone numbers, which was a good thing because...
This morning Loan called to say she didn't have Dorinda's cell number. I was able to reach Dorinda(!) and give her a brief report. So all is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment