Friday, March 25, 2011

6 more sleeps!

So I've spent the last two days doing ridiculous things like:

  • getting the piano tuned
  • having my teeth cleaned
  • getting my haircut
  • completing the lion's share of the April TDH newsletter
Really.

This weekend the Gala fundraiser will occur and I will get to meet some others who will travel soon and hopefully also speak to Agency staff a bit about how my travel itinerary (and accomodations) may unfold.

Good busy. Working on the things that must get done first...I'm realizing there is no time for a comprehensive list.

All that waiting and still...not feeling completely prepared!?  Guess I'll be reading those Vietnam travel books on the plane.

5 comments:

  1. It is infinitely better to head over to Vietnam with clean recently checked teeth rather than chance a dental emergency...the piano? Maybe that could have waited a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac is learning a new key and one of the keys on our piano was completely broken (as in the striker was broken off...not sure how THAT happened). He couldn't function, poor kid. HAD to be fixed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. also (in my defence) all of these things were on the schedule before I got a travel date :-)...calendar is clear for the next ... 2 years?

    ReplyDelete
  4. so what are you doing today? just sitting around relaxing I bet...since your calendar is clear for the next 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty much...just loading a few things in the car, tidying up a wee bit in case any surprise visitors arrive at our house and enjoying the rest of the day with friends. So nice of everyone to throw two big parties to send me off!

    Next week is final countdown and prep!

    ReplyDelete