This weekend was our Adoption Agency Fundraiser, which went fabulously, and I may find time to post about that later.
In attendance were 7 delegates from Vietnam as well as the 2 Agency staff from Vietnam.
Somehow...it had eluded the staff there that Arn was not travelling this time. In order to complete the adoption on my own, I need a specific 'Power of Attorney' from him. We had done this form back in January, and, to my knowledge, it had gone to Vietnam. But maybe too early...and maybe the staff there forgot it was in our file, and that was our plan.
Anyhow...since then the requirements for this form have changed (surprise) and THANK G0D Arn mentioned it because it looks like we will be able to miraculously correct this oversight before my departure.
2 things seem to be 'wrong' or 'missing':
1 - it has not been translated into Vietnamese
2 - it needs to be stamped by the Embassy (Ottawa) here (in addition to being notorized)
Fortunately...Arn happens to be scheduled to be in Ottawa for work the beginning of this week and if all goes according to 'Plan A' the document can be translated and emailed to our Agency 1.5 hour outside Ottawa, printed and notarized in triplicate copies and either couriered or, if need be, picked up by Arn. He will present himself at the Embassy to acquire the stamp x 3 originals at fee TBD. He will bring the forms home and I will fly with them...Thursday.
And if that doesn't work there is a Plan B...but let's not go there.
So there it is...the LAST SNAFU...from here I am expecting clear sailing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG, you are scaring me with that whole thing, I am in the same boat, going by myself! Better check things out this week!
ReplyDeleteJohanne
Oh Sharon, there is always something. Glad that it came up before you were in Vietnam and there are a couple of options to fix it before leaving. I just got your invite tonight and have read over the blog from the beginning in the last hour and a half.
ReplyDeleteWe are so thrilled for you. We can relate to the waiting and waiting and frequent changes in timelines. Praying that all goes well with your travel. Can't wait to meet your little one once you are home.
I will definitely be following your blog obsessively now!
Jules and Molly