Thursday, March 17, 2011

more waiting...

So...essentially...our file is in Hanoi at the DA on the desk of the person who does the review (who I'm told says it is all fine). That person needs to move the file to Mr. Binh for him to sign. Once that happens it goes to the DOJ (Department of Justice) in HCMC. At the DOJ, Mr. Key (who will be leaving to come to Canada on Tuesday) signs the Decision on Adoption. After this point it is a matter of the ceremony being booked, which can usually be accomplished in a few days.

At this point it is nearly impossible that Mr. Key will have the file and be able to sign off before he leaves to come here. However, staff there are confident Mr. Binh will sign off before he leaves and things should still be set for the ceremony to occur the week of the 4th or the week of the 11th of April.

Not exactly the news I was hoping for...but nothing devastating either. I was encouraged to hear that someone from Quebec whose paperwork is at the same point as ours has booked flights for later this month, allowing some time for touring and then to be there for the ceremony the week of the 4th.

And so...we wait...

While our baby has turned 5 months old on the other side of the world...

...and others who received referrals after us have received their children...

...trying not to be bitter (really...I'm still fine...but lord help everyone if I am not there before she turns 6 months...that could be UGLY)...

...and praying for the people whose files are in limbo or in question and/or who are waiting for the new laws to be finalized...

...it is still easy to feel lucky!

3 comments:

  1. HI Sharon, wow you sure have lots of information though...lots of detail and it looks very promising..praying for you and your child......regarding being bitter, well yes that is very normal and as you say, if you got your referral first, you should be there and back already........while I have my child home, I am still at times also bitter about the fact that I was not allowed to take Matteo right away out of the orphanage before the G&R while others were given permission for very arbitrary reasons....while I know that having had to visit Matteo at the orphanage each day allowed me insights into how they did things there, etc...how they soothed Matteo, treated the children etc...and I was able to take lots of photos....the bitterness rises up in me when yet another family is allowed to take the child right away....I know even L thought this was very unfair but could do nothing about it....and will need to explain it to Matteo too one day??....anyhow while it is good to connect with the adoption community, at times certain things moving differently for one family than another for no apparent reason, also can be hurtful.....anyhow your turn will come and you will have a lifetime with your daughter beyond the short time she is in the orphanage....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs!!!! Praying for a speedy travel date. Hope you know you and your family are in our thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you still don't have confirmed good news, Sharon. We were away for the break so managed to put it all out of my head (mostly!) for awhile but was hoping you would have a date confirmed. But yes - hold on to feeling lucky - we are feeling more and more like #2 is not going to happen at all for us with this process. But that doesn't negate how much the wait to travel sucks - and I remember how hard it was last time and that was relatively short compared to the wait times now. Here's hoping for some movement before the delegates head to Canada! Hang in there!!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete