Tuesday, February 22, 2011
new hopeful travel date
The chance of me travelling in March is for certain no longer possible. Now the best case scenario is G&R first week of April. In the meantime we need to request an extension to our citizenship application and also prepare for the possibility that we may need a new homestudy. Despite having our letter of no objection, since the Director of International Adoptions may not sign off on our case prior to the expiry of our already updated homestudy which has also already had the Ministry approval extended once, there is a chance he may not accept it. We have been wavering on the edge of completing a new homestudy for some time...no one wants us to have to do one. We think we have most of the preliminaries in place, just a matter of forking over the $1500 (ouch) to have it written up. Robbery...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Things seem to be getting more precarious in Vietnam with timelines getting longer and longer?? Hope you don't have to hand out more money for more paperwork!!...
ReplyDeletewanted to also mention from a previous post on the references...L in Vietnam will explain how and when your references will get phone calls, you'll need their home numbers as after you do the paperwork at the consulate, they usually call your references between 8-10 a.m. Vietnam time which will be 8-10 the night before...both my references got calls not the night that L. suggested but 2 evenings later...sunday night at home...so cell phones/and people who can easily be reached is important....they want 4 just in case they can't reach 2, and will move to a 3rd reference and possibly a 4th....just catching up on all your blogs...everytime I checked I thought you weren't blogging and the same "breathe" post came up....
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that Sharon. I was hoping things would start to move more smoothly for you. Maybe you should change the name of your blog to the "LONG Journey to my Daughter". I guess in the adoption community these days the "Long" adjective is implied anyways...
ReplyDelete@Francesca...that was when I went 'private' with my blog, so the automatic update notice doesn't, unfortunately, work. thanks for your comments.
ReplyDelete@ J...almost funny, isn't it?
It is robbery...I only paid 500 to redo my homestudy for adoption 2 and that was a whole new homestudy for a whole new baby rather than an update for the same adoption (done Oct/Nov 2009). It will be 500 again when I change age and possibly add in special needs this spring as I'm looking for a whole new letter of approval with a 24 month date rather than simply a change of recommendation with the same Feb 2012 date (seriously, I should have a referral, travel and a real live baby by June 2013 I hope given I initially applied in 2008-but Feb 2012 is iffy.)
ReplyDeleteGotta love all the adoption variables!
ReplyDeleteTurns out the Police don't want us to get a new homestudy either. My husband got pulled for a new fingerprint check that can take months. Under the new system if you share gender and birthdate with a sex offender you have to do this new process. Argh. Who thinks up these things?
Oh man...what next?
ReplyDeleteugh. this is brutal, sharon. i'm afraid we'll be in the same boat having to update all our paperwork in the fall. we're waiting on the ministry approval for the update to change the age and are hoping it's less than the 5+ months we waited for our initial approval! not that anything's happening any time soon in vietnam anyway.
ReplyDeletei hope you get good news soon - hopefully a little early spring luck will find it's way across the ocean soon!
Janice
so...my clearance arrived in the mail today! Submitted Feb 23, completed Feb 25, mailed Feb 28, received Mar 2. Impressive. Now we'll see how much longer Arn's takes.
ReplyDelete