We have been given our next best case travel deadline...March 11...if I am not in the air then I will have to wait until April...after the Gala and after the TDH staff from Vietnam have returned home. Depending on who you ask, it is unlikely to impossible wee Thu's paper challenges will be resolved in time for me to travel March 11. Our second letter has not been issued.
I am surprisingly calm about this 'delay'. Chalk that up to my conditioning that receiving a child under 6 months is all but impossible. There is also a lot of good about me travelling in April (and even that is assuming the officials in Vietnam can agree to accept Thu's paperwork between now and then). I can participate fully in the Gala and the delegate visit. I can spend March break focused on the boys. My husband can settle into his new job and we can have the benefits etc in place. Trying not to think about the obvious drawback...more time in the orphanage. It also looks like, if I travel in April, there will not be any Ontario families travelling at the same time, and I haven't information on Quebec families at present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Sharon, That is too bad it has been delayed again, but it does sounds like the timing would be better for you if it was April as you do have important things happening before then and now you can really enjoy them and give them your full attention.
ReplyDeleteHopefully that will be the last delay!
Lorraine
Sharon - I'd be more than happy to travel in April with you! Although I'm guessing a referral, paperwork and travel date between now and then is perhaps a little unrealistic though for us....!! ha - wishful thinking!
ReplyDeletegood luck though - hope you get news sooner than later. Sounds like you are going to the gala? We've been considering it but will have to see.
Janice
So sorry to hear this Sharon.
ReplyDeleteWhile I am happy to have you helping with the gala (matching outfits to sell raffle tickets in?), I had hoped for your family that you would have been there and back.
Hugs to you!
Thanks, everyone.
ReplyDelete@ Janice...the timeframes seem to vary widely...so who knows? Keep positive! I do hope to see you at the Gala!
@ Christine...let me know when you want to go shopping!