Received today a purolator package from our Agency with the original documents we are required to take with us to Vietnam. This was a nice surprise.
Have also been making connections with a few other families who may travel at or around the same time. There has been some chatter amongst us, moderated my one person. The current buzz is about acquiring our travel visas. It takes a minimum 5 days to process and receive back the passport with the 30 day visa. Getting the visa far in advance isn't possible due to the 30 day window. In some cases people are booked on flights the evening of the day they receive the passport by courier. Not recommended or standard practice, but it does happen. A bit close for comfort. But when has any part of this process been 'comfortable'?
Discussion has included appearing in person in Ottawa to obtain an expedited visa the same day. I can see doing this in a pinch, but for me, having the experienced professionals at the travel agency do this for me is less stressful then figuring how to do it myself. Oh well. We all have our tolerances.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just make sure the courrier has the right address... This was taken care of by the travel and adoption agency. An honest mistake, bu two digits of our address number were swapped and took two days to find out. Good thing my husband has projects with DHL and was able to get help from a director to tell us at which warehouse to pick the package up and give us the permissions. A change of address takes two days but would've brought us pass our travel date...
ReplyDeleteeeekkk!! Hopefully the odds of that happening are very small!
ReplyDeleteget a 90 day visa and get it early??? is that possible? or too expensive? I don't remember freaking about this but Ange and Gavin got theirs the DAY OF their flight...but they were in CB's very first group.
ReplyDeleteI haven't asked why a 30 day visa is the norm. Maybe it needs to correlate to the length of travel actually booked? I discovered there is a way to apply in advance for a letter then get the actual visa at the airport in Vietnam, which doesn't require sending your passport anywhere. But I think I'll feel better with the actual visa with me on the plane...
ReplyDeleteThere are lots of people out there who stayed over the 30 days and got extensions on their visas...I really think I would simply get it a little early and hope for the best.
ReplyDeleteHaaaa. I want Têt to be done....now.
ReplyDelete