It feels like the days are dragging and I can't seem to get my butt in gear to do much of anything. Problem is I had cleared my schedule fully expecting not to be here now. My husband has been 'on vacation' the last 2 weeks - his new job starts on Tuesday. I am feeling generally off-kilter, uncentered, un focused and without purpose. I have the newsletter to think about (it is scheduled to be released when I am hoping to be in Vietnam which is a bit of a problem...) and I have offered my assistance in planning the portion of the delegate visit in Toronto, and also to assist with the Gala...but these things just make me think more about our adoption...if that is possible. And there is a limit to what I can do on my own ... and waiting for others to do anything else right now is painful.
If it was in the budget I would like to be renovating a bathroom right now. Tearing something apart and re-building it would feel great right about now.
At least the weekend is coming and next week my husband is out of town for his new job so that should help re-focus things for me.
On the upside we were able to get Arn an appointment for his fingerprints this Saturday, instead of March 10...so we gained a bit of ground there. The 'upwards of 120 days' estimate for the police clearance is a bit scary, but hopefully it will be much faster. Better yet, hopefully we won't need the new homestudy at all. Got news yesterday there is a chance our second letter may be issued this week and it may be that the Ministry will grant us an additional short extension if all we are waiting for is the last signature in Vietnam.
Fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hoping the Ministry co-operates...I think of you often and I remember the agony of the wait from proposal to travel like it was yesterday.
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly how I feel! Unfocused, unable to do anything, just wait.
ReplyDelete