I noticed on the Cathay site you are only allowed 1 bag now and an extra bag is $150. One bag sounds easier when I am travelling alone anyhow. I think I will carry on most of my own stuff leaving the suitcase for baby gear and a few gifts.
I travelled when we were allowed 2 bags each, and on the way home, the baby got 2 bags too! Which was good, because I had a lot of time to buy souvenirs and gifts... Perhaps you will be allowed a 2nd one on the way back too?
Free checked baggage (Cathay Pacific) Any number of bags not exceeding a total weight of 20kg (44lb), each bag no larger than 158cm (62") measured length+width+height
Infants: No restriction on the number of pieces Maximum combined weight of 10kg (22lbs)
I travelled when we were allowed 2 bags each, and on the way home, the baby got 2 bags too! Which was good, because I had a lot of time to buy souvenirs and gifts... Perhaps you will be allowed a 2nd one on the way back too?
ReplyDeleteI checked again:
ReplyDeleteFree checked baggage (Cathay Pacific)
Any number of bags not exceeding a total weight of 20kg (44lb), each bag no larger than 158cm (62") measured length+width+height
Infants: No restriction on the number of pieces Maximum combined weight of 10kg (22lbs)