Friday, April 15, 2011

6 months!

TO celebrate Trinh's 6 month birthday we went to the Golden Dragon Water Puppets (55B Nguyen Thi Minh Khai - next to Reunification Palace) and then out to supper at nha hang ngon (160 Pasteur). Lynda and her family also went and we had been looking for a time to go to this restaurant together. I had read some reviews of the puppet show online so knew a bit what to expect. It was nice to see it with a 5 year old as that added the thrill of seeing it through a child's eyes. Jade really got into it! The theatre is an older building with decent theatre seating. Some reviews had said the seats were small...but they seemed fine to me. The narration is in Vietnamese, so it is really only the visual and the music that we could appreciate. Still, definitely worth seeing. 120,000 dong. Reserve in advance to get seats up close, but seats are available just before the 5pm show. There is also a show at 6:30pm. Show is about 45 min.


Earlier in the day we returned to the Market with Lynda who was looking for a suitcase and some decorations and gifts for her baby's Christening. I managed to find a few more things to buy and also got some nice fresh lunch there. The closest I have come to eating from the street vendors. I can't tell you how yummy the kinda bbq'd, kinda dried fish I had was. And some nice fresh spring rolls and rice.




I wanted Trinh to have a real nap since we had evening plans so back to the hotel for 1pm. We missed our swim time and just had baths. Then off to the show.

Trinh was too cute, falling asleep on schedule despite being at the restaurant.



Also, today she has mastered getting from lying down to sitting! She still topples over from sitting but man, did she look proud of herself!

2 comments:

  1. My mom says that Trinh is pretty sweet! Loving that she is starting to sit up. We loved the water puppet theatre when we were in Hanoi. Can't wait until you come home.
    Jules, Danny, Molly
    & BT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to hear all about your adventures. The pics are great. Cheers!
    Nicole, Brian and Nate

    ReplyDelete