Today we went back to the Tax Centre to try to sort out the sizes on the 3 boy outfits I purchased. I have said it here before, but I will reiterate, it is definitely worth measuring any outfits you buy...even when you compensate for Vietnamese sizing, the sizes can be way off.
From there Trinh and I walked Dong Khoi toward the Saigon River. Stopped for lunch at Lemongrass (4 Nguyen Thiep St.) This is a bit more upscale of a restaurant with air conditioning. I ordered one of the set menus, a fresh lemonade (yum) and later a coffee (also yum). This was definitely more than I usually eat at lunch, but it is very tricky to eat away from the hotel in the evening so I figured why not? Total with tip less than $25 US.
We continued down the street and across Ngo Duc to the Vietnam Quilt Shop (64 Ngo Duc Ke). I don't need a quilt, but wanted to get something, so picked out a perfect pillow sham for Trinh and an apron for me and one for Trinh when she is bigger.
Also stopped in at Ninh Khuong Embroidery (83 Dong Khoi) but didn't find the prices that attractive.
Along the way saw the very majestic Majestic Hotel and some of the waterfront.
Then back to the hotel for a rest, swim, cleanup, supper, sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That does look like a lot of food, but it also looks pretty delicious. I love the pillow sham and the aprons. I can't wait to go back and get more things there. We came home with lots from the store in Hanoi.
ReplyDeleteGlad that you are continuing to enjoy your stay.
jules, danny, molly
& BT