Thursday, April 14, 2011

Visiting a Pagoda was on the agenda for today. Patty came by for breakfast and we headed out to District 3 to see a large Japanese Pagoda and temple (339 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia). We arrived shortly after 9am and there was a chanting service being held at that time. Surprisingly, visitors are still allowed to wander through AND take flash pictures! Patty explained to me that the fat man sitting crossed legged that many of us think of as Buhda is actually a Budha guard. The actual Budha is a slender, serene man.


From there we went to a noodle house that has some interesting history related to the war. Apparently the revolution was planned from the second floor of the building.


Then I headed to the Family Medical Practice in the Diamond Plaza (34 Le Duan St) to have Trinh checked out. I was able to show the doctor the photos of the creams from the orphanage and he said one was a steroid with antibiotics, and the other was just steroid. He prescribed a weaker steroid cream from Trinh's face to be used for 5 days. He assured me this rash on her face was not scabbies related, just dry skin or dermititis, common on Asian babies, he said. He also prescribed a ventolin inhaler for her chest rattle which he called a 'mild weaze'. Total bill less than $100.

Headed to the coffee shop opposite the clinic for a bite of lunch but it didn't go so well. I got a drink but half an hour later my sandwich still hadn't come. The waitress, surprisingly, had the worst English of anywhere I'd been, so I paid for the drink and went up to the foodcourt in the Diamond Plaza for lunch instead. Cooler and cheaper anyhow.

Caught a cab home and relaxed until swim time at 4pm. Saw Loan at the pool and got the news that the Canadian Passport can't be assured of arriving before Wednesday...so need to change flight.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that the passport won't be ready in time for your flight. Did they give an indication of when it would be ready so that you can confidently change the flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting the information 3rd hand...but it seems they can't guarantee it will be ready 'before Wed'. So I am trying to change our flight to Thursday.

    ReplyDelete