Cabs - in HCMC use Vinasun or Mailin - these are the reputable companies. Lynda had one bad experience using a copycat cab and being asked to pay many times the actual cost of the trip (rigged meter). Most trips are around 40,000 to 60,000 dong ($2 TO $3 approx.) Meter starts at 10,000 and increments based on distance, so in trafic it can take a while to go over 10,000. In other areas note brand used at the hotel and stick to it.
Scabbies - wear socks to the orphanage as you will be asked to remove your shoes. Where something that covers your chest to avoid skin to skin transference from your child before treatment. Consider taking a homeopathic preventative for yourself if you expect to spend extra time in the orphanage. Tea tree oil or another concoction (I have to look up the name) - either can be applied to the skin or diluted and bathed in. Just be aware, as with anything, you can have an allergic rection (my husband is allergic to tea tree oil). While I was in Vung Tau, even though I didn't spend that much time at the orphanage, I still got a few suspicious 'bites' on my ankles and chest. May or may not have been scabbies.
Bread - maybe this is just me...but anytime I have the bread at the Somerset (toast or sandwich) I have stomach trouble...just something to keep in the back of your mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment