Sunday, April 10, 2011




Today was mostly relaxing. We went out to the Tax Centre to do a bit of shopping. Lynda had a list of items she wanted including a jade cross, budha statue, girl traditional outfits and more. So she had a bit of a power shop. She is a good negotiator, so I benefited from that and got some au dais (spelling?) for the kids - 4 sets of made in Vietnam silk pants and tops, 3 boys, 1 girl, for 500,000 dong (a little over $7 each).




I also wandered at some length through the Vietnamese touristy section of the centre as Trinh napped in her sling. I assessed what everyone was offering (a lot of duplication) and went back to the stall with the most things I wanted and English speaking help. I don't want to ruin the items I got as gifts...so I can't post the details... but I spent $110 US for a good number of things including a comb and shell for Trinh to match with the boys and 2 largish embroidered pictures for me. I also got Trinh a set of china (ceramic?) ethnic minority statues (miniature) that I had admired when here last time. Perhaps she will enjoy playing with them in a few years. And I got some good quality t-shirts at another stand.

I stopped at Highland Cafe in the Centre for an iced coffee and cheesecake. We made it back to the hotel almost 4 hours of shopping later, shortly after 2pm. Trinh had a bit of a nap and then a big play on the floor. I have a bedsheet tucked in over the area rug which makes a great spot for her. She is playing and talking a lot now and is getting better at sitting. I sat on the mat too and watched most of a movie that I don't know the name of.




4:30 to 5:30 was in the kiddie pool and 'hot' tub. Then a both for us both, pyjamas for Trinh and a trip to the poolside restaurant to meet up with Lynda, her mom and 2 girls. I knew Trinh was tired, but wasn't expecting her to fall asleep at 7pm across my lap in the restaurant. I carried her up and put her in her bed and she is out for the night. Last night she did sleep through from 8pm to 7am...so feeling very lucky. She goes down so easily (cross my fingers it sticks).




TOmorrow morning we head to the Consulate and then Loan said she would take me to a tailor to get a dress for myself made. Looking forward to that. The ones I got last time were XL but don't feel great on...so I need custom tailor for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is just beautiful. We wish you and your family the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! and seeing her sucking her thumb is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures! So happy for you and your family and can't wait until you are home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby girl is so cute!!
    Congradulation!

    Chantal

    ReplyDelete