I have to say, coming home immediately preceeding a 4 day holiday weekend (Easter) is highly recommended. It has been wonderful for us to have 4 days to ease into things and for the boys to get fully acquainted with Trinh.
My parents stayed on until this morning. Arn, unfortunately had to fly out yesterday afternoon on a work gig and will be back Thursday night. So I am flying solo now until then. Not worried though.
Had a bit of a rough patch yesterday with Nathaniel who I noticed was running hot Saturday night and by Sunday had a temp of 104.5 which we could get down to 101 with Tylenol. eeek. He was acting fairly normally and I wasn't overly concerned but Arn was anxious about leaving town and made me promise to call telehealth...who summized that I would be 'ill-advised to wait a day to go to a regular clinic'. So at 4:15pm we jetted out the door to an urgent care clinic near my sister's, where we were for Easter dinner, while my brother-in-law and Dad went to retrieve and deliver Nathaniels's health card which had been seperated from my wallet for the trip to Vietnam. The clinic closed at 5pm and we really didn't even have to wait. I hate giving my kids antibiotics but apparently with that kind of fever they assume it to be a bacterial infection and since they couldn't have any cultures done quickly due to the holiday they pretty much dictated a course of antibiotics for him. Only other symptom was him complaining his stomach hurt, but no accompanying symptoms. They would have been happier if he had had a cold or cough recently...but he has been fine. So he had the first dose of antibiotics last night and his last dose of motrin at midnight and has been fever free all day and only one complaint this morning of sore stomach. So hopefully the end of it...
The boys have been wonderful with Trinh. Nathaniel is his usual self wanting to cuddle and be on my lap, but not just when I am holding Trinh. Isaac has been having fun amuzing Trinh and wants to help with changing (although I'm sure that novelty will wear off quickly). Trinh is a very easy baby. The fact that she is still sleeping a lot during the day is giving me plenty of time with the boys and I have been getting a few hours of good time in with her when the boys are asleep. Not necessarily a schedule I aim to keep, but it is working for now. As of last night Trinh slept from about 8:30 to midnight, bottle and back to sleep, then up at 5am until about 10am. Another big afternoon nap and, unfortunately, I couldn't keep her up past 5pm, so it might be an intersting night...we'll see. I think I will try to rouse her for a bottle before I go to bed.
Since it was the Easter holiday we were able to introduce Trinh to all of Arn's family who is local and my parents and sister. Received a number of nice gifts.
Need to sit down tomorrow and figure out what the week is going to look like. Have some adoption related stuff to take care of, banking/bills/taxes to catch up on, house to right after my absence etc.
*send citizenship paperwork with photo
*get OHIP card
*pickup permanent Canadian passport
*sort and file many adoption papers
*create/print/send adoption announcements
*thank-you cards
*deliver gifts from Vietnam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment