It's 12:05am here, 1:07pm at home. I am at the Somerset in a two bedroom and they have really pulled out the stops this time with fruit, brand new baby bottle brush, baby bath tub and baby crib with bumber and pillow all set up. I'm on the 9th floor. I will have to see the view in the morning.
Somerset pickup was waiting for me at the airport ($5US tip suggested by Loan as this is a free service).
Then I checked in, one fellow brought me up and turned on all the lights which was nice as it is a bit big and creepy to figure out on your own all these rooms (BTW - no balcony). Then a second guy brought up my luggage ... so another bit of US$ in tips. Glad I had some small US$ on me. I had also brought along a few snacks so that is all I feel like right now and plan to shower, sleep, and jump onto the Vietnam time clock. I think I am going to be okay.
The flight was weird from Vancouver as they kept all the blinds shut the whole time so people could sleep as they wished. Otherwise we would have had light all the time. So I'm craving a bit of sunshine now. Tomorrow is a day to relax and repack (one bag baby, one bag me, one bag gifts/donations).
V from Ottawa is here and I hope we can meet up and I can get the scoop from her about the essentials nearby. Sunday Loan is coming at 9am for breakfast, then off to Vung Tau where I will check in to the Binh An 4 then 'visit the baby'...which leads me to believe I won't receive custody of her that day. The giving and receiving has not been scheduled so it may be a few days of visits at the orphanage. Interesting in its own way, and a once in a lifetime experience for sure. We also plan to go on the hydrofoil, which we doidn't do last time. gotta get some sleep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you are there safe and sound. The Somerset sounds lovely. Enjoy your breakfast with Loan and visiting the orphanage(s). Take lots of pictures. So very much wishing I was there with you and feeling quite sick about it. Have a wonderful time in HCMC and when you get to Vung Tau. I will be watching your blog and facebook daily (hourly) to live vicariously through your experiences.
ReplyDeleteDon't feel sick...I'll be sure to post as frequently as I can :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you arrived safe and sound!! Enjoy every minute of it!!
ReplyDelete