I am happy to say that it seems Trinh is back on track, sleeping the last 2 nights from about 7:15pm to about 6:30am with only a couple cry outs that she stopped faster than I could get there.
Nap time is a bit trickier as we had no set routine in Vietnam, mostly she cat-napped in the sling while we were out and about. The last 2 days I have had to wake her up to do the afternoon school pickup routine, which is a bit painful for us both. But give us another week and I am sure we can sort it out.
She is making great strides developmentally, prompting 'experts' in our family to question the accuracy of her date of birth. Regardless, it won't impact on when she starts school, so not overly concerned. She it very stable when she sits and is getting quite a repertoire of sounds. I read that the development of sounds is more related to the emergence of teeth than age. We have an appointment with the peadiatrician in May, so we'll see what he thinks.
The rest of the family and activities around the house are proceeding more or less normally. The adjustment to Trinh has been much easier than either of the boys. Perhaps because she is the third, or a bit older, or because she is a girl (:-)). It is also possible that I am finding the process of formula feeding a little 'easier' than breastfeeding. I had used Jack Newman's protocal for inducing lactation to breastfeed Nathaniel who we received just before he was 4 months of age. He received some formula supplementation up to 6 months, then just cereal, food and breastmilk. I did the same protocal, slightly less virgorously, in preparation for Trinh. Unfortunately, she has exhibited nothing less than terror at being offered the breast, although she will drink breastmilk from a bottle. So the demands on my body have been that much less. She is also able to bottle feed much more quickly than I was ever able to breastfeed a baby. And then there is the fact that she just goes to sleep on her own, and stays asleep. Unheard of in my previous experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am still banking on cosleeping when Toan gets home, hopefully he will be open to the idea since that's all we know! Again, had he arrived earlier, things would be easier... I am back on DPD as well, at least, maybe he will take it from a bottle...
ReplyDeleteIt is good Trinh sleeps happily in her crib as Nathaniel is still sleeping with us.
ReplyDeleteOne of the bits of advise they gave me at VT1 was to put Trinh down when she cried...which was very counter intuitive to me. But after trying to console her and finding that putting her down worked best I have resorted to it, when she is crying because she is tired.
It makes it hard when you get them so late... My son will be almost 1 year old by the time I get there. Are you pumping?
ReplyDelete