As planned we went to the Canadian Consulate today to apply for the Canadian passport. Things for me are a bit more complicated due to Arn not travelling. He needs to go to a passport office with the case number and fill out a form and get it faxed to the lady with our file here. The actual time at the consulate was short and it went smoothly. Tomorrow is a holiday here, so we have to wait until the end of the week to see if things are on track, or held up. Seems there are another 6 files open right now of Canadian families adopting here (must be the other agencies working in Canada), so our files are, regretably, not at the top of the pile.
After that Loan and I walked to FedEx to send the files to Singapore and then on to the market. I had worn the snugli instead of the sling and regretted it. Anyhow...we made it to the stall where Loan has dealt before to purchase the fabric. She had thought we would need to go to another location to get the tailoring, but the fabric stall is now taking measurements and having dresses made. So they measured me and will deliver my order tomorrow!!
I had had it with the Snugli and was hot and could see Trinh had had just about enough so we headed back to the hotel before noon. We spent a quiet afternoon napping and playing until swim time at 4pm. I'm suffering a bit from a teeth aching sinus congestion thing so that was about the right speed for me. We met MJ and her husband for supper, they are off to VT tomorrow for one night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Sharon, what about the snugli makes it so much hotter or uncomfortable than the sling? I look forward to seeing the dress that you get made. Trinh continues to look adorable, even though she is hot and bothered. I hope you are feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteJ
What is the number of that form Arn had to fill out Sharon? I am afraid we will be going through the same glitch again, it happened to us during our first adoption.
ReplyDeletePPTC 028 - I don't think it can be done in advance though
ReplyDeleteThe Snugli I have is a basic old model that I got for our trip in 2007 just because it was the lightest, meshiest, least padded one I could find and thought it would be cool. I find it hot because there is no way to adjust how or where the baby is (just facing in or facing out). I think Trinh finds it more restrictive and uncomfortable too.
ReplyDeleteWith the sling I can wear her many different ways and switching is easy so neither of us get too hot or uncomfortable. I also find it distributes the weight much more comfortably.