Started the day off with a visit for breakfast from a friend of a friend who is living in HCMC for a few years while her husband is stationed here for work. Tomorrow morning she has offered to take me to see her favourite Pagoda in district 2 and a noodle house.
After breakfast we headed to the Diamond Plaza and I made an appointment at the medical clinic for Trinh tomorrow. Just for a checkup and to get a scabies opinion on her face. She is breaking out in the areas I couldn't treat with Nix (around her eyes and mouth). I also have photos of the tubes of cream they use at the orphanage and want to see if it is something I should get to return home with. When I went back for a visit and they put this on her it immediately resolved the rash. The cortisone cream I brought isn't having much effect. Unfortunately, for the second time, I won't be able to meet Dr. Jonathan. I seem to be here always when he is on vacation. He's back the 22nd.
Patti had another appointment so we went our seperate ways. I took a browse through the Diamond Plaza, then headed toward the Tax Centre where I wanted to get a small tin of formula and exchange one of the boy outfits I had bought for another size. Don't trust the sizes on those things...I have checked and I still didn't get it right. Best to measure before leaving the store!
Along the way we were able to stop into Notre Dame Cathedral, which was open, and also take a quick browse at the Parkson Mall. I found some different baby supplies there...a set of 3 trainer tootbrushers, a really cute brush and comb set and a straw brush (you know those straws that come in some of the kid thermal bottles...it's for cleaning those out). Pretty cool and not expensive.
We made it to the Tax Center before lunch. Did the errands then hit the Higland Cafe again as I like the generous cushioned bench seating that is great for a baby who wants out of the sling for a bit.
Walked down to the Ben Thanh Market to see the ladies who made my dress...the pants were a bit big. Guess that happens when they measure over your clothes. They will adjust and redeliver. Looked around a bit. Got 4 outfits for Trinh in various sizes. Bit more then the bargained deal at the tax Centre, but still very cheap for silk outfits.
From there headed back to hotel, again by cyclo. They are so much cooler than taxis. Trinh loves them too and she usually fusses in cabs.
GOt back shortly after 1. Just about had Trinh down for a nap when they came to clean the air conditioners. That was quite a scene with more than 6 men working...so we cleared out, went down to the playground and got an iced coffee. When we returned Trinh was not interested in napping, plus another interruption with housekeeping. So before she had a nap it 4pm and we headed to the pool. She was in great spirits until we headed up shortly after 5 (after MJ had arrived with CC at the pool!). It became obvious she was way past tired, so I got her cleaned up and into her bed. Just not sure if this is a nap, or down for the night...will know soon enough. Have I mentioned she sleeps from 7pm to 6am without waking?? How awesome is that!
Trinh is also making headway with getting into the crawling position. I'm certain she will be off to the races soon!
In paperwork news received confirmation that the Canadian Consulate has recieved the required form from the Passport office in Canada, a requirement since my husband did not travel with me. In the end they had to forward the document to Microfilm and scan it directly to the case number I was given. The fax solution didn't work for us as, between the Canadian office not wanting to fax to a number not on their files and then agreeing to on day 2 but not being able to get a confirmation from that number. SO now we wait until Loan returns from Vung Tau today...tomorrow she can request an update to see whether we may be on track for me to leave on the 19th, or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are such beautiful photos of Trinh!!She is so gorgeous! Glad to hear of all the great places you are going to, you must be getting homesick for the boys and anxious for them to meet Trinh. Enjoy your special mommy-daughter time!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are an expert at getting around HCMC!!....and doing so much!!...and sounds like you are doing lots of walking too....does MJ have her daughter now??? hope so!!! Your travels make me long for another trip to do some of the things you're doing that I didn't !!
ReplyDeleteTrinh gets more and more beautiful with each picture you share. You seem to be seeing a lot of HCMC, which is great! Hoping the paperwork keeps moving. Thanks for your great posts...
ReplyDeleteTrinh is so cute in that hat! Tell MJ people have been asking about her on Facebook... So happy for her.
ReplyDeleteApple green and pink..humm my favorite colors ! She is so cute !
ReplyDeleteSo glad things continue to go well. So jealous and wish I was back in Vietnam.
ReplyDeleteJust wait until she gets home to her brothers, they will have her crawling after them in no time.
Hugs :)