I don't think I mentioned...Trinh weighed in at 6.4kg (14pd 1.75oz), 65.5cm (25.8 inches) tall and head circumference 43cm.
I'm also not sure I have mentioned just how 'good' this little girl is. After a few broken nights when we were first united (and while she was cutting her first tooth) she routinely sleeps now from 7pm to 6am. She is happy to close her eyes in the sling during the day, or sleep in her crib for an afternoon nap. Putting her down is just that...you put her down. It is like nothing I have seen before. They had told me at the orphanage that when she cried to put her down so she could sleep. Mostly now I just put her down before the exhausted cry and off she goes. I can only hope she is able to maintain this sleep habit when we are home. Perhaps this is one of the benefits of a formula fed baby?
To amuze herself during the day when we are in the apartment I have a king size sheet over the large area rug and she rolls around, plays with her toys and, now, practices sitting. I brought a bouncy chair from home and she sits in that at the restaurant at breakfast time, and a couple of times while I have showered, or to watch a bit of Disney channel. She has been enjoying our hour in the pool each day too.
Her favourite toys seem to be the ones that make a crinkly sound, and she is chewing on all her toys.
Today we got a relatively early start and walked over to the zoo with Lynda and family. The last time we were here I got lost in the zoo, was supposed to meet Arn at a certain time at an exit and found myself at the wrong exit...with a baby on my chest and a 3 year old at my side. Hot and paniced is not a good place to be. Anyhow...
This time I am feeling much more grounded here. The zoo itself seemed to be in a bit better repair than the last time we were here. I think there was also more going on because it is Saturday. There was what seemed to be a continuous show going on the stage straight down from the main entrance. Bike-riding monkey, magician, tight rope walker, that kind of thing.
We took the 'train' for a tour to start things off, then wandered the rest of the park.
The giraffes (to the left from the main gate) were really incredible (there is an attended washroom in this corner of the zoo, clean but no paper and you have to pay a small amount into a clear box). There is also a large covered snack bar area in this corner, busy with locals and serving simple bbq fare with rice and vegetable soup, bottled drinks for total less than 50,000 dong ($2.50). The admission fee is 12,000 and the train is 10,000. So a cheap morning out.
The gardens are also lovely, and there is ample areas of shade and grass. But still very hot by noon.
Behind the giraffes there is a small carnival. Lynda didn't feel it would be safe for her 5 year old, but the rides are very small and slow for the most part...I probably would have let my kids go on the small ones. There was also a several fishing ponds, but no prizes, just the fun of fishing.
Walked back to the hotel and was reminded there is a small convenience store right across the street from the hotel with formula, cold drinks, basic groceries and staple supplies. Got a tub of bean icecream to bring back and it is delightful. Like vanilla with a mild undertone of something.
Once Trinh wakes up we will go swimming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great day! Hope your swim was fun too!
ReplyDelete