Friday, April 22, 2011

Home...

No problems on the flight. Trinh was reluctant about the bassinet on Air Canada (it seems to me the bassinets on Cathay are bigger, but I could be wrong). She did sleep in it a bit, but also slept in the sling while I sat. It was impossible to keep track of the time or how much we slept, but we came off the flight at 8pm feeling pretty good.

Had no issues with security or customs anywhere. Had to get my baggage and re-check it in Shanghai which was a but of a pain, but I had lots of time to do it. There was also a really nice play area for kids in the Shanghai waiting area. A welcome break allowing me to put Trinh down for some floor time.

Loan had recommended showing both Vietnamese and Canadian passports in Vietnam, just Canadian passport after that. The only agent that said much of anything to me was in Canada where he asked:
"Do you have any paperwork?" - yes, I have adoption paperwork (kept myself from elaborating...)
"Okay...I can see what is going on here...I don't need to see it...but there are two people on this form and only one date for exiting Canada..." - she is coming direct from Vietnam, she has not been in Canada yet
"hmmm...but I need two dates..." - keep myself from blathering on and wait in silence as he uses his red sharpy to strike a line through the second date space and write 'APOPTION' on the back
"do you need to go to immigration?" - No, she is a Canadian citizen
"hmmm...and she has never been in Canada?... (that is right...resist instinct to blather on...)
"Okay...go ahead"

Arn, boys and my parents where at the airport. Will post photos later. Everyone, of course, happy to see each other.

Isaac says it's nice to have me telling him what to do again and that it seems like just yesterday that I left :-)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Easter weekend to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are home safe and sound. Glad that the flight went well with Trinh and I am happy that you are once again able to tell Isaac what to do...
    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything went smoothly! Welcome Back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Glad to hear that everything went well!

    ReplyDelete